The City of San Antonio’s new Parman Library is a 17,000 sq ft facility located on 10 acres of wooded property near the intersection of Blanco Road and Wilderness Oak in Northern San Antonio. The development incorporates meandering nature trails, an outdoor amphitheater and abundant green and sustainable design elements.
VICKREY provided civil engineering and surveying services for development of the Parman Library, including:
- Due Diligence Analysis
- Site Dimension Plan with a 102-space parking lot and 6-foot sidewalks
- 4-acre Grading Plan and Drainage plan including concrete interceptor channels and underground storm drains
- Utility Plan including 6- and 8-inch water and sewer service, domestic and irrigation water meters, gas service and electric service
- Water Pollution Abatement Plan (WPAP) submittal of a partial sedimentation and filtration basin and vegetative filter strips to TCEQ for approval permit.
- Fire protection Plan including fire flow analysis, fire access lanes, fire water main and two fire hydrants
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)
- Boundary, Topographic and Tree surveys of the 10.29-acre tract
VICKREY’s drainage design achieved LEED® credit for Stormwater Design: Quality Control. The design incorporated vegetative filter strips and a partial sedimentation filtration basin which work together to capture and treat more than the required 90% stormwater runoff. This allows for significantly less sediment and fewer pollutants enter the surrounding streams and creeks.