VICKREY & ASSOCIATES, LLC., (an ESP Associates, Inc. company) is seeking LIDAR Technician to join our team in San Antonio, TX. This is an excellent opportunity to continue growing your career with a well-established, multi-disciplinary firm!
- This is a technical role requiring experience working fluently with the following software regarding the processing, registration, extraction, and mapping of point cloud data:
- MicroStation (ORD)
- Trimble Business Center
- Leica (infinity, Pegasus two, cyclone)
- 3DReshaper (a plus)
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Associates degree or higher in surveying technology, geomatics, civil engineering, or related field preferred, but not required
- 2+ years of experience in land surveying with at least one year of experience processing data in the office.
- At least one year working with LiDAR point clouds.
- Experience with office processing/registration of mobile LiDAR data, static 3D laser scanning data, static GNSS observations, and VRS/RTN GNSS observations
- Experience importing adjusted field data into AutoCAD/MicroStation platforms.
- Experience working with Leica static scan stations (Leica P40 & BLK/Trimble SX10), mobile LiDAR systems, Trimble GNSS receivers, and data collectors preferred
- Experience in Right of Way mapping and deed/plat research preferred, but not required.
- Experience in creating exhibits, plan sheets and control documents preferred, but not required.
- Must have some experience with create terrain models/TIN/DTM files from existing conditions.
- Candidate must have a positive attitude, elevated attention to detail, work well within a team environment, enjoy/rise to the challenges of working with/learning new software and methodologies, and enjoy sharing ideas and technical knowledge with other local and remote team members.
- Candidate will need to be available to attend seminars, training and conventions related to the technology utilized by the company to help improve workflow and standards for the department.
- Candidate must have a good understanding of budgets, schedule. deadlines and will make sure all tasks are completed on time.
- Candidate should have a good eye for Quality Control and Assurance.
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
Vickrey & Associates, LLC., (an ESP Associates, Inc. company) is a full-service civil engineering, environmental consulting, and landscape architecture firm. VICKREY provides planning, project management, civil design, construction administration, surveying & geospatial solutions to both the private and public sectors. VICKREY serves the land development, transportation, public works, power delivery, and governmental market sectors throughout Texas and the United States. Our corporate headquarters is located in San Antonio, Texas with branch offices in Austin and McAllen, Texas.
VICKREY offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan