Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Department Manager
VICKREY & ASSOCIATES, LLC., (an ESP Associates, Inc. company) is seeking a Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Department Manager to lead and develop our SUE team consisting of field crews and supporting technical staff in our Texas offices.
- Initiate and maintain contact with key personnel and officials of organizations and companies. This includes coordinating with municipalities to obtain proper certifications/permits, and maintaining/developing client relationships.
- Plan, organize, train, and supervise crews, technicians and other staff members.
- Administer contracts and manage projects, interpret, organize, execute and coordinate assignments.
- Schedule and assign work to meet completion date.
- Plan and develop SUE projects with unique or complex problems, explore subject area, investigate and develop novel concepts and approaches.
- Developing and monitoring project scope, budget, schedule and quality control for SUE projects from the proposal stage through final deliverables.
- Planning of SUE crew schedules and coordination with other departments to ensure the proper allocation of personnel and resources to meet project deadlines.
- Responsible for safety coordination of SUE effort.
- 10+ years of experience in SUE with at least 5 years of experience managing SUE crews.
- Ability to designate all utilities using surface geophysical equipment, including RF Pipe and Cable Locators, Ground Penetrating Radar, and electromagnetic induction devices.
- Experience operating and maintaining a vacuum excavation truck.
- Must be able to generate revenue through existing client base and new business development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to prioritize work with tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills that allow you to effectively and professionally interact with clients, authorities having jurisdiction and the public.
- Excellent financial management skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment with tight deadlines and ability to adjust to project priorities and demands of multiple clients
- Must be able to work flexible hours (travel will be required).
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
VICKREY & ASSOCIATES, LLC., (an ESP Associates, Inc. company) is a full-service civil engineering, environmental consulting, and landscape architecture firm. VICKREY provides planning, project management, civil design, construction administration, surveying & geospatial solutions to both the private and public sectors. VICKREY serves the land development, transportation, public works, power delivery, and governmental market sectors throughout Texas and the United States. Our corporate headquarters is located in San Antonio, Texas with branch offices in Austin and McAllen, Texas.
VICKREY offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan