Civil H&H (Hydraulic & Hydrologic) Engineer
The ideal candidate has a strong desire to learn and a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment. This is an excellent opportunity for an Engineering professional to continue to grow your career with a well-established, collaborative, and growing firm!
As a contributing team member of the H&H team, you will have the opportunity to make an impact throughout the state of Texas working on the design of drainage projects. Additional responsibilities include construction document preparation for roads, storm drainage systems, storm water management facilities, water and sanitary sewer utility design, sediment and erosion control, and traffic control.
- Do you enjoy working on a diverse and collaborative team?
- Are you self-motivated and enjoy taking ownership of your role?
- Do you have a passion for drainage-specific designs?
- Do you strive for excellence inside and outside of the office?
If this sounds like a fit for you – let’s talk!
- Contribute to the design of highway and drainage systems
- Drainage design for transportation projects such as roads and bridges
- Support the development of preliminary plans through final construction plans and specifications in accordance with TxDOT standards
- May assume leadership and supporting roles in project assignments
- Coordinate and manage daily activities/schedules of various assigned projects
- Multitask and prioritize competing project obligations
- Communicate and interact effectively with project team members and clients
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental, or Agricultural Engineering
- Engineer in Training (EIT) required (PE preferred)
- Understanding of stormwater management, hydrology, and hydraulic practices
- Ability to prepare project budgets, proposals, and schedules a plus
- 5-10 years of related experience with drainage infrastructure design, analyses using hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) models such as OpenRoads, InRoads, Geopak Drainage, HY-8, HEC-RAS, PondPack, HEC-HMS, GIS, preparation of reports, and production of construction drawings
- Experience in HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS and GIS
- Knowledge of XP-SWMM
Vickrey & Associates, LLC., (an ESP Associates, Inc. company) is a full-service civil engineering, environmental consulting, and landscape architecture firm. VICKREY provides planning, project management, civil design, construction administration, surveying & geospatial solutions to both the private and public sectors. VICKREY serves the land development, transportation, public works, power delivery, and governmental market sectors throughout Texas and the United States. Our corporate headquarters is located in San Antonio, Texas with branch offices in Austin and McAllen, Texas.
VICKREY offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Education Reimbursement Opportunities
- Referral Bonuses