Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Department Manager
ESP Associates is seeking a Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Department Manager to lead and develop our SUE team consisting of field crews and supporting technical staff in our Texas offices.
- Initiate and maintain contact with key personnel and officials of organizations and companies. This includes coordinating with municipalities to obtain proper certifications/permits, and maintaining/developing client relationships.
- Plan, organize, train, and supervise crews, technicians and other staff members.
- Administer contracts and manage projects, interpret, organize, execute and coordinate assignments.
- Schedule and assign work to meet completion date.
- Plan and develop SUE projects with unique or complex problems, explore subject area, investigate and develop novel concepts and approaches.
- Developing and monitoring project scope, budget, schedule and quality control for SUE projects from the proposal stage through final deliverables.
- Planning of SUE crew schedules and coordination with other departments to ensure the proper allocation of personnel and resources to meet project deadlines.
- Responsible for safety coordination of SUE effort.
- 10+ years of experience in SUE with at least 5 years of experience managing SUE crews.
- Ability to designate all utilities using surface geophysical equipment, including RF Pipe and Cable Locators, Ground Penetrating Radar, and electromagnetic induction devices.
- Experience operating and maintaining a vacuum excavation truck.
- Must be able to generate revenue through existing client base and new business development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to prioritize work with tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills that allow you to effectively and professionally interact with clients, authorities having jurisdiction and the public.
- Excellent financial management skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment with tight deadlines and ability to adjust to project priorities and demands of multiple clients
- Must be able to work flexible hours (travel will be required).
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
ESP is a multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
Through years of dedicated service to our clients, ESP has received a designation of 209 on the 2023 ENR Top 500 Design Firm rankings. For the firm's primary territory, the ENR Southeast Top Design Firms, ESP received a 2023 ranking of 32.
ESP offers an excellent employee benefits package including:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Education Reimbursement Opportunities
- Referral Bonuses